Members, please log in here.
Support EnglishCurrent by Becoming a Member
EnglishCurrent provided free lesson plans from its creation in 2011 until spring 2022. The site and its content are the product of one person, Matthew Barton (me). I continue to publish new lessons monthly, but due to time constraints (children, other writing projects), I can no longer dedicate time to creating these lessons for free. Therefore, I ask that institutions and teachers pay a small fee for access to EnglishCurrent's lesson bank.
Membership is $15 USD for a year. This gives you access to all EnglishCurrent lesson plans (over 215 currently). These lessons can be downloaded in Microsoft Word format so you can modify them before printing.
Sample Lesson Plans
If you are unfamiliar with EnglishCurrent's lessons, please view these samples.
- Sam Harris on Free Will (Advanced) (PDF Sample)
- Whistleblower Uncovers UFO/UAP Program (Advanced) (PDF Sample)
- Artificial General Intelligence (Advanced) (PDF Sample)
- Bad Habits (Intermediate)
- The Social Dilemma: A Lesson on Social Media (Upper-Intermediate)
The above lessons differ in length, but show the structure of our lessons, which is generally as follows:
- Warm-up questions
- Reading (200-400 words) or Listening (3-6 minutes)
- Comprehension questions
- Vocabulary activity
- Collocation Review
- More discussion questions
Becoming a Member
If you'd like to become a member, please complete the below secure form. Note that if you'd like to contribute a lesson, please get in touch as an original lesson might be acceptable as payment for membership in lieu of money. If you'd like to pay by PayPal (which is not the preferred method), send me an e-mail so I can set up your account and access manually.
Membership Payment Form
Thank you for your support.
- Matthew Barton / Creator of EnglishCurrent.com