Study Prepositions Online with this Free Exercises
ESL Level: Intermediate – Advanced
Preposition Worksheet Download: Prepositions-Worksheet.doc
Description: Preposition exercises in fill in the blank format. Answers are available online (see below). Answers are not in the downloadable worksheet, but should be obvious to a native English speaker.
Note that answers that do not require a preposition can be left blank.
Prepositions – Group 1
- I get up seven the morning weekdays. I go to work tram.
- I take care my son. My son is similar me. He’s quite different my wife.
- China has agreed participate the global economic forum.
- My wife spent the milk money cigarettes.
- There has been a slight decrease gas prices lately.
- In the beginning, Lillian was not accustomed working in such a big company.
Prepositions – Group 2
- My favorite Chinese philosopher is Chuang-tzu. Most Westerners have never heard him.
- John’s wife accused him cheating. She thinks he is bored her.
- My boss told me to finish the report 5 pm. After that, I could go vacation.
- Kate apologized her son’s poor behavior.
- If you’ve got a problem, then do something it!
- Everyone the HR department was surprised the news.
Prepositions – Group 3
- Paul is very good telling jokes. He reminds me his father.
- I’m not familiar this neighborhood.
- If I had to choose going to heaven or hell, I’d choose heaven.
- Hosni Mubarak was power in Egypt for 30 years.
- I am allergic cats.
- He is responsible our branch in China.
Prepositions – Group 4
- Alan is a fan Manchester United.
- NATO stands the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
- Roger’s company specializes the management of young musicians.
- I will go vacation next month.
- The cake was four pieces.
- Bratislava is not big Budapest.
Prepositions – Group 5
- Ken has to finish the project 4 pm tonight.
- The movie was inspired a book written 50 years ago.
- I was able to return the product because it was still warranty.
- The little boy hit his friend a stick.
- I plan to work I am 65 years old.
- I wasn’t able to focus my work because of the loud construction outside my window.
Prepositions – Group 6
- This commercial was designed to appeal women in their twenties and thirties.
- I don’t know his reason ending the relationship.
- Although Carol graduated Harvard with a degree in political science, nowadays she doesn’t care politics.
- I am very proud my son’s accomplishments.
- Laura can’t concentrate her job because she is stressed out about her marriage.
- I don’t care baseball. I never watch it.
Prepositions – Group 7
- We are looking for someone who is skilled giving presentations.
- I have a question to ask related your education.
- I have a view Prague Castle from my apartment.
- The company president didn’t want to comment the scandal.
- You remind me my cousin.
- After graduation, Joan will apply some local companies a job as a graphic designer.
Prepositions – Group 8
- The negative campaign did damage our company’s reputation.
- These boots were sale last week.
- The United Nations has supplied the rebels weapons.
- I have too many problems to deal
- This product should appeal girls in their teens.
- I’ve never heard Lyle Whitfield. Who is he?
Prepositions – Group 9
- I was surprised the size of her nose.
- Grace is her forties. She spends all her money luxury goods.
- Greg is involved organized crime.
- By the time the police found out the crime, the thief was already in Mexico.
- There’s always a risk an earthquake in Japan. It’s difficult to concentrate your work, when you know there could be a disaster any minute.
- Parents worry the health and safety of their children.
Prepositions – Group 10 (includes phrasal verbs)
- Carol’s father is very strict. He prohibits her having a boyfriend she graduates from high school. She spends most of her time in the library, surrounded books. Once, her father accused her doing drugs because she didn’t come home time. He checked her schoolbag drugs. Instead of drugs, he found her diary and read it. This made Carol angry, so she punched him the face.
- Tina studied the University of Ottawa for one year, but she later graduated Harvard. the time she was 28 years old, she was already a doctor. Tina is snobby. She looks down people who don’t have a university degree.
Prepositions – Group 11 (includes phrasal verbs)
- I need to take care my little brother. He is discriminated at school because he has red hair. Yesterday, a bully punched him. However, my brother didn’t tell the bully.
- The doctor elaborated the patient’s condition. It turns out that the rash was actually brought by food he ate while in Malaysia.
- I graduated university a month ago. I studied Oxford. Last week, I had an interview a programming position Google. They noticed on my CV that I had very little experience, but they promised not to hold that me. The interview went well, but I’m not sure I’ll be hired. I was tired, so I had a hard time paying attention the interviewer. Also, I’m a woman, and there are few women my field. However, I am hopeful that my gender won’t prevent me having a successful career.
Prepositions – Group 12
- Greg went a trip yesterday to Montreal. He has a Pontiac Trans-Am, which is similar the car David Hasselhoff drove in the TV show Knight Rider. On the way there, he was driving his car a speed of 130 km per hour. There was a sharp turn, and his car slid the icy road and into some trees. His life was stake. A large tree was right in front of him. He nearly ran it, but at the last second, he regained control and pulled his car back on the road.
- Later he realized his tires were bad shape. He needed to invest some new ones. So he went to a car shop that specializes high performance tires. The end
- I hope these exercises weren’t a waste time. Are you better using prepositions now? I hope so. If not, do them again!
That’s it. If you find any mistakes in the preposition exercises, please leave a comment below.
– Preposition exercises and worksheet copyright Matthew Barton of Englishcurrent.com