Study English Articles (A, An, The) Online with These Exercises
Articles Worksheet Download: Articles-Worksheet-Englishcurrent.doc (with answers)
Instructions: Put the correct article (a, an, the, or nothing) into the paragraphs below. If an article is not needed, then select the blank option.
Students, if you'd like to study the rules of English articles, then please read my explanation for beginner students.
(Remember, if no article is needed, then select the blank option).
- My mother is English teacher. I am student. When I get home from school, I watch programs on TV. That's best part of my day. I watch are for children. I am child, so I think they are funny.
- I'm little excited because it's Friday. There are lot of good shows on TV today. I usually watch is at 3:30. It's about animals. Also, I'm excited today because my mother is making rice for dinner.
- Later, after eating dinner and doing my homework, I go to my room and read book for 30 minutes. Then I turn off light and go to bed.
- Moving to United States was most exciting thing I have ever done. I moved last year to New York. New York is exciting city, full of adventure. In fact, I saw famous actor on street yesterday!
- Today, I have job interview at financial company. has offices all over world. I'm not sure that I have skills to get hired. I hope so. 's office is on Main Street. That's same street my friend works on.
- If I get hired, I could meet him after work for drinks. That would be great. He's from Scotland. He works 8 hours day, 5 days week.
Articles: More Exercises for Intermediate Students
- I have two brothers. One, Greg, is still in college, and other, Mike, has already graduated. Mike is kind of guy that is very serious. I don't remember last time I saw him. It may have been in August. He was wearing red sweater. It matched his red hair.
- After dinner, I usually wash dishes. My wife hates doing it. I waste a lot of water when I do it. That's bad for environment, I think.
- We live near sea. houses in this area are expensive.
- I have uncle who lives in home for elderly. He is honest man. He used to be FBI agent. He once saved one-year-old boy from fire. He has many interesting stories.
- He told me that he once met alien from space. This alien didn't need oxygen to live; it didn't have nose. That's hard story to believe. I'm not sure he was telling me truth. Maybe he isn't so honest, after all.
- can make life unpleasant. In day, I work at office. people I work with are busy, and work we do isn't easy.
Articles: More Exercises for Advanced Students
- When I drive to work, usually highways are really busy. If there's accident during rush hour, it can be chaos on the roads.
- I don't watch TV. I get information and news, etc., from Internet. I don't often go to cinema, either.
- I'm interested in finance. I heard Euro is losing value, compared to US dollar.
- I like Japan. is infrequent there. When I fly to Japan, I usually fly to Narita Airport. The last time I was in Japan, I climbed Mount Fuji. It was fun.
- I am tall. are generally shorter than I am.
- Help Understanding Articles (Beginner)
- The Indefinite Article & Word Sounds (Advanced)
- The Definite Article with Names of Places (Advanced)
- Articles exercises and worksheet copyright Matthew Barton of Englishcurrent.com