This is an intermediate-level quiz on English grammar. The questions on this quiz test the Present Simple, Present Perfect, Present Progressive, Past Simple, and Past Progressive.
Use the word in brackets to complete the sentence.
Verb Tense Review Quiz - Section 1
- A: When (you / join) the company? / B: Ten months ago.
- (you / ever/ work) in Europe?
- That was the worst presentation (I / see) in my life.
- Sales (rise) in 1993 but then (fall) in 1996.
- Ryan is still working. He (not / finish) his homework yet.
- A: What (you / do) when I (call) you last night? / B: I (sit) in a cafe when you (call).
- When you (arrive) at the party, who (be) there?
Verb Tense Review Quiz - Section 2
- Lisa isn't a Canadian. I (believe) she comes from France.
- I (have) lunch in the cafeteria every day.
- Susie (watch) a film when she (hear) the noise.
- Yesterday I (go) to the library, next I (have) a swim, and later I (meet) Lindsey for lunch.
- We (play) tennis when John (hurt) his ankle.
- When I (walk) into the room this morning, everyone (work).
Verb Tense Review Quiz - Section 3
- I (go) to Montreal next Thursday. Do you want to come?
- Carlos is rich. He (drive) a Mercedes.
- I (think) you're crazy!
- I (speak) to him last week.
- It (snow) quite hard. Perhaps we shouldn't go out tonight.
- Look! Yuki (cry)! Let's go see what's the matter.
Find a mistake? Have a question? Leave a comment below.
- Keywords & Verb Tense Exercises
- Verb Tense Exercises (All Levels)
I LIKE THIS WEB IT HELPS US
I like this web it is helpful to us
the question 3, I think it should have “ever”, it is talking about experience, we will use present perfect and the word “ever”.
Hello. It’s not necessary to use ‘ever’ when talking about life experiences using the present perfect, though it is of course possible and very common.
I need more study
This web site is really helpful to me since I’m an video English Teacher of Koreans. I visit the site whenever I get a chance. Thank you so much.
This web site is really helpful to me since I’m a video English Teacher of Koreans. I visit the site whenever I get a chance. Thank you so much.
I would like to see what I got incorrected.
very good i love this i will marry with this page
beautiful content table of English grammar lessons I say thank you so much for being charitable and supportive to all of us who needs your helps
Several of these questions can be answered in one way or another, please be more specific, it is easy to be wrong, thank you.
Can you give an example?
This is my homework
This is my homework.
We have not met for a long time.
Good for ESL students.
The content is very helpful.
These word are really helpful for me , because I learnt grammar from there.
I am worry about grammar in my side
Because I am not good in grammar
it is really helpful, Micheal
Pease see below my answers.
Grammar is kind of hard for me.
It is very helpful
What happens when you click on ‘Check Answers’?