This is an intermediate-level quiz on English grammar. The questions on this quiz test the Present Simple, Present Perfect, Present Progressive, Past Simple, and Past Progressive.
Use the word in brackets to complete the sentence.
Verb Tense Review Quiz - Section 1
- A: When (you / join) the company? / B: Ten months ago.
- (you / ever/ work) in Europe?
- That was the worst presentation (I / see) in my life.
- Sales (rise) in 1993 but then (fall) in 1996.
- Ryan is still working. He (not / finish) his homework yet.
- A: What (you / do) when I (call) you last night? / B: I (sit) in a cafe when you (call).
- When you (arrive) at the party, who (be) there?
Verb Tense Review Quiz - Section 2
- Lisa isn't a Canadian. I (believe) she comes from France.
- I (have) lunch in the cafeteria every day.
- Susie (watch) a film when she (hear) the noise.
- Yesterday I (go) to the library, next I (have) a swim, and later I (meet) Lindsey for lunch.
- We (play) tennis when John (hurt) his ankle.
- When I (walk) into the room this morning, everyone (work).
Verb Tense Review Quiz - Section 3
- I (go) to Montreal next Thursday. Do you want to come?
- Carlos is rich. He (drive) a Mercedes.
- I (think) you're crazy!
- I (speak) to him last week.
- It (snow) quite hard. Perhaps we shouldn't go out tonight.
- Look! Yuki (cry)! Let's go see what's the matter.
Find a mistake? Have a question? Leave a comment below.