This is an intermediate-level quiz of English grammar.
This questions on this quiz test the Present Simple, Present Perfect, Present Progressive, Past Simple, Past Progressive.
Type your answers on the lines below. Use the Tab key to move from question to question.
0 of 1 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
If you made mistakes, then you can click on the View Questions button to see them. Correct answers are in parentheses.
The quiz is worth 30 points.
1. A: When (did you join) (you / join) the company?
B: Ten months ago.
2. (Have you ever worked) (you / ever/ work) in Europe?
3. That's the worst presentation (I have seen, I've seen) (I / see ) in my life.
4. Sales (rose) (rise) in 1993 but then (fell) (fall) in 1996.
5. Ryan is still working. He (hasn't finished, has not finished) (not / finish) his homework yet.
6. A: What (were you doing) (you / do) when I (called) (call) you last night?
B: I (was sitting) (sit) in a cafe when you (called) (call).
7. When you (arrived) (arrive) at the party, who (was) (be) there?
8. Lisa isn't a Canadian. I (believe) (believe) she comes from France.
9. I (have) (have) lunch in the cafeteria every day.
10. Susie (was watching) (watch) a film when she (heard) (hear) the noise.
11. Yesterday I (went) (go) to the library, next I (had) (have) a swim, and later I (met) (meet) Lindsey for lunch.
12. We (were playing) (play) tennis when John (hurt) (hurt) his ankle.
13. When I (walked) (walk) into the room this morning, everyone (was working) (work).
14. I (am going, am going to go) (go) to Montreal next Thursday. Do you want to come?
15. Carlos is rich — he (drives) (drive) a Mercedes.
16. I (think) (think) you're crazy!
17. I (spoke) (speak) to him last week.
18. The reason my skin is so brown is that I ('ve just come, have just come) (just / come) back from a trip to Barbados.
19. It ('s snowing, is snowing) (snow) quite hard — perhaps we shouldn't go out tonight.
20. Look! Yuki ('s crying, is crying) (cry)! Let’s go see what’s the matter.