Lesson Topics: unemployment, employee rights, work-life balance
Skill Focus: Speaking, Reading, Vocabulary
Approximate Class Time: 1.5 hours
Lesson Plan Download: anti-work-lesson-upper-intermediate-062022.docx
- The reading passage describes the Anti-work movement, which was popularized on the social network site Reddit.
- Post-reading activities ask students to make a list of guidelines to make employers more attractive to workers. There are also several funny quotations about work, and three role-play scenarios for speaking.
- All lessons come with warm-up questions, comprehension questions, a vocabulary section, and discussion questions.
UPPER-INTERMEDIATE Lesson on the Anti-Work Movement: Warm-up (Pair Work)
- What’s the purpose of work?
- Have you ever quit a job? Why?
- What would you do with your time if you didn’t have to work?