Download the PPP Lesson Plan on Marriage (ESL) here: Key-Marriage-Intermediate-ESL.doc
Note: This is a PPP (Presentation, Practice, Production) ESL lesson plan about happiness in marriage. It was made for a class of 15 students. The instructions for the lesson plan are below. The instructions and materials (reading, comprehension questions, vocab. cards) can be found in the above .doc.
- To print: one copy of the reading (pages 4 & 5 in the Word document) for each student, one copy of the picture on page 3, one copy of pages 6 & 7 for each group (students will be in groups of 3)
- Cut the definition and example sentences on pages 6 & 7 into strips. Have one full set of strips for each group of 3.
Warm-up Groups of 3 - (10 m)
(On Board): “The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret. - Henny Youngman“
Questions for pair work:
- Do you agree or disagree?
- How do people usually meet in your home country?
- At what age do people get married in your home country?