|Download the Unsolved Mysteries Lesson Plan (ESL) here: Unsolved-Mysteries-UppIntermediate-05042013.doc|
Unsolved Mysteries Lesson Plan (ESL): Upper-Intermediate
Unsolved Mysteries Lesson Plan (ESL): Warm-Up
1) What genre of books and movies do you enjoy? Do you read mystery novels?
2) Do you know any unsolved mysteries from your town, city, or country?
Reading: 5 Unsolved Mysteries
Unsolved Mysteries Lesson Plan (ESL): Vocabulary Matching
|spark sth (verb)|
|all in all|
|pinpoint sth (verb)|
- decipher – convert a code into normal language
- hoax – a humorous or malicious trick
- deceased – dead
- linen – cloth made from flax
- replicate – make an exact copy of; reproduce
- recount – tell
- abduction – the action of forcibly taking someone away against his or her will
- humiliating – shameful; embarrassing
- spark sth – provide the stimulus for an event or process
- dwell – live in or at a specific place
- all in all – considering everything; on the whole
- pinpoint sth – find or locate exactly
Unsolved Mysteries Lesson Plan (ESL) : Idiom Focus
Unsolved Mysteries Lesson Plan (ESL): Connect the below idea(s) to make a sentence.
government / uprising
genius / decipher
recount / hoax
|linen / deceased|
|computers / replicate|
|abduction / humiliating|
|spark / interest|
|dwell / cave|
|pinpoint / location|
|all in all|
Unsolved Mysteries Lesson Plan (ESL): Discussion Questions
1) What other unsolved mysteries do you know of?
2) Have you ever witnessed or experienced inexplicable phenomenon?
3) What is déjà vu? Do you regularly experience it?
4) What do you think of Eastern medicine?
5) Do you believe in stories about out of body experiences?
6) What theory of creation do you support?
Unsolved Mysteries Lesson Plan (ESL) copyright Matthew Barton of Englishcurrent.com