Grammar Focus: so, too, such, so/too many, so/too much
ESL Level: Intermediate and Upper-intermediate
Pair-work Activity Download: so-too-many-much-pairwork.docx
Students, complete the practice exercises below. Teachers, download the pair-work activity from the link above.
Exercises Group #1 – So/Too/Such, So/Too Many & So/Too Much
- This cake is delicious. I want another piece!
- There were people in the train, so I couldn’t get on.
- My husband is a nice guy.
- It was hot that we didn’t want to go outside.
- Yesterday was a nice day.
- When I was a child, I had free time. I loved it.
- The salaries at that company are high. I want to work there!
Exercises Group #2 – So/Too/Such, So/Too Many & So/Too Much
- The child was young, so he couldn’t see the movie.
- Jane has shoes. She should sell some.
- You are beautiful.
- You put salt in the soup. It tastes terrible.
- I had never heard beautiful music.
- There’s rain in Vancouver. I prefer Toronto.
- I had a great time last night.
Questions? Found a mistake? Leave a comment below.
— Matthew Barton (copyright) / Creator of Englishcurrent.com
Related Lessons & Exercises