ESL Level: Upper-Intermediate
Lesson Topics: Socialism, Capitalism, Communism
Skill Focus: Speaking, Reading, Vocabulary
Lesson Plan Download: socialism-lesson-upper-intermediate-01122021.docx
Approximate Class Time: Two hours
- Teachers, your students must understand the basic concepts of capitalism, socialism, and communism for this lesson to work. Note: This is not designed to be an anti-socialism lesson plan; the meme in this lesson is based on a misunderstanding of what socialism is. Ideally your students can realize that and criticize/discuss it.
- Students, this lesson was made for English teachers. However, feel free to read the lesson and leave your answers to the questions in the comment area below.
UPPER-INTERMEDIATE Lesson Plan on Socialism: Warm-up (Pair Work)
- When you were in college or high school, did students often fail courses? In your experience, what usually causes people to fail?
- Do you enjoy participating in group projects? How do you manage groupmates who don’t want to work hard?
- How do capitalism, socialism, and communism differ?
Reading: Teacher Fails Entire Class (Meme)
Membership is required to view this post. Please support EnglishCurrent by becoming a member today. Members, please log-in.